Our lives on the whole are becoming much more data driven. Email dominates most business correspondence and nearly all forms of business activity are tracked and recorded via some digital medium. Most home computers contain detailed information about the owners’ financial and social activities. Smartphone and social media usages create lasting trails of work and personal activity and behavior.
Given all this, it’s not surprising that ediscovery is playing an increasingly important, sometimes dominant, role in discovery practices. This has created significant challenges for attorneys that lack technical training. If you or the attorneys at your firm find yourselves often asking the below questions, you can benefit from Orrery’s specialized ediscovery coaching:
- How should I prepare for my upcoming 26(f) Conference?
- How should I prepare for a 30(b)(6) deposition focusing on a party’s IT systems and/or record retention policies?
- I am drafting a motion that requires accurate and simple explanations of a party’s IT systems, how can I get help in drafting such language?
- I have an upcoming oral argument regarding some ediscovery issues, where can I go to get some effective demonstratives and coaching regarding explaining the involved IT platforms?
- I need assistance in crafting ediscovery discovery requests and/or responses.
- One or more parties in my lawsuit have complex information systems:
- Where can I go to get some consulting help in understanding those systems?
- How do I identify and confirm the preservation of “at risk” data that may be lost via automated processes and standard business operations?
- How can I make sure a party is preserving and producing all its relevant email?
- I need help getting data out of a large complex application.
- A party in a lawsuit has a complex internet presence and a complex intranet environment. How do I make sure relevant content in those environments is preserved and produced?
Attorney Coaching Areas
Orrery can coach attorneys thru any phase of ediscovery practice. Our specialized coaching includes but is not limited to:
- 26(f) & Like “Meet & Confer” Prep
- 30(b)(6) Prep
- Discovery Motion & Oral Arguments Prep
- Discovery Requests & Responses Involving Complex Data Sources
- Understanding Complex Information Systems & Networks
- Identifying & Preserving “At Risk” Data
- Reviewing and Implementing Preservation Practices
- Email – Identifying & Preserving
- Interpreting Records Retention Policies and Practices